More than ten percent of employees in Germany work in on-call or standby duties*. This form of work is particularly common in the healthcare sector, but other sectors such as hotels and restaurants, industry and the public sector also use on-call services regularly.
The key factor for the smooth running of such on-call services is the reachability of a person on call. However, despite detailed and strictly regulated duty rosters, this often proves unsatisfactory.
For example, in many hospitals, calls to the standby service number are still manually forwarded to those on duty by an employee at the control center. This can lead to critical time delays. But even if automatic call forwarding is used, delays and actual gaps in availability regularly occur: A shift change could not be administered by the control center in a timely manner, a doctor on call is currently involved in an emergency or an employee can temporarily only be reached via mobile phone.
Such and other "unscheduled" changes in duty rosters have to be adapted continuously, immediately and reliably so that a contact person is available at all times under the on-call service number. But who manages these tasks permanently and above all reliably?
(* Source: IAB-Short Report Nr. 14/2018 Institute for Employment Research of the German Federal Employment Agency.)
The DAKS application module 'Role-based Telephony' takes on this important role
Role-based Telephony provides...
- highest possible flexibility for employees through independent login, logoff and changeover in on-call groups ( even more than one) via telephone or a web interface and temporary leave of a service group when other important tasks occur
- seamless availability of standby personnel by pre-setting conditions in DAKS which regulate login, logoffand changeover (e.g. prevent logoff if necessary)
- better preparation of on-call staff by indicating the type of call in the display or by playing an announcement before the call.
- reduction of delays by directly forwarding calls to on-call staff without intermediate administration
- higher security and service quality
Learn more about Role-based Telephony in our short video.
DAKS Role-based Telephony – A quick overview of the most important features
Want to learn more about DAKS + Role-based Telephony? Click here: